GFC is excited to announce we are partnering with GOALS Haiti, an organization which uses soccer to promote health and education for children and their families in Haiti. GOALS relies on donated soccer equipment that will go directly to kids in Haiti who play soccer every day without basic equipment. With enough donated equipment, GOALS can continue existing programs and start programs in new areas. Programs include soccer, of course, community service, and educational opportunities. A little bit can go a long way in Haiti, so every donation makes a big difference! To learn more about GOALS Haiti visit their website at http://www.goalshaiti.org.
Our equipment drive runs from August 2 to Sept 23, 2017. All donations are tax deductible as both GFC and GOALS are 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. Monetary donations can be mailed c/o GFC 83 Marjorie Lane, Ruckersville, VA 22968. The Club will need to ship each donation box to Florida where GOALS is headquartered at a cost of about $25. GOALS also asks for a $50 donation to cover the shipping cost to Haiti. You can also support GOALS through Amazon Smile using this link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-3869911
The Club will be accepting donations at the following locations in the community. Look for the donation boxes with a GFC and GOALS logos.
- Spring Hill Baptist Church (starting August 13th)
- Greene County Visitor Center
- Greene County Community Park (Saturdays in September during Rec. Games)
- Flaherty & Sauls Dentistry
What players in Haiti need:
- Soccer equipment for boys and girls of all ages: soccer balls, cleats, socks, shin guards, shorts, uniforms, gloves, goalie apparel, etc.
- Sport-related materials: Pinnies, cones, whistles, pumps and needles, corner flags, TROPHIES! etc.
- GOALS does not accept:
- Dirty, torn, or unusable apparel, gear, equipment, materials, etc.
- Clothing unsuitable for sports activities or cooler climates, such as jeans, tank tops, cotton t-shirts, pants, sweatshirts, jackets, etc.
The Club will be using the same Adidas uniforms this coming Fall season. We hope to collect your lightly used uniforms that have been outgrown. You can also order another set of uniforms to donate or to replace the used set. Please consider donating your uniforms. GOALS suggest youth sizes M and L and adult sizes S and M.